Ideal/valor complaints | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal/valor complaints in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

anyone have experience or views on this?

changed a valor oxypilot assembly back in march which needed doing along with fire service.
had a call last week saying they broke off the little plastic slide controller and couldnt light fire and called back today with a new slide controller and proceeded to fit it.

came to light and test fire only to find it wont hold the flame:mad2:

now, i billed the customer for the work i had done with the parts and told them the oxy's gone again. spring was pretty mild this year and summer was good so the fires not had much use.
quite rightly the customers other halfs a right misserable git to the best and he's going off on one.
i then went back to parts center to complain and they said they will replace the part f.o.c which is fine. i then asked them to call ideal and ask who's going to pay my labour fitting another one in which they said they wont do that.
so, as you can see the customers going to have to pay twice for the same job as i wont do it for free as the jobs not exactly down the road from me (hour there and back at quiet periods of the day).

whats your views or experience with them, are they at fault? ta

If it's failed within 12 months I would be same you, asking for them to pay my labour.
I would ask plumb center as they provided the part but the manufacturer has a responsibility over costs incurred due to faulty goods. It's the sort of job whereby you couldn't really call out there engineers due to you being in the middle of dealing with the repairs ( you can't always know what you're going to and you can't leave it half finished because you have a duty of care toward your customer).

Tricky but I would put a convincing argument.
I think you'll get some kind of result.

I wish you luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Hope with your case you reported it to trading...
Replies
Views
This any good? I think it’s who Screwfix use...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back