Ideal Vogue 32 turn off night running | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Vogue 32 turn off night running in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aix123

Complete beginner here. Just need a bit of advice, if you could help.

My elderly parents recently had installed this combi. They really dislike it kicking in now and again at night. I've turned off the Frost Protection feature, but by design that doesn't stop it running a bit sometimes at night. It disturbs my dad, who is ill. They, and I, feel the installers should have forewarned them about this feature over which there is no control, short of turning off the combi every night. The installers, though good, have not been very helpful in our numerous questions to them. I know it's all about the combi protecting itself. But, apart from very cold period periods over a number of days when that is a useful and understandable feature, is there any way that this feature can be turned off? - perhaps by some weird and wonderful 'hacking', or overriding of the way it operates.

They never had such a feature of their previous system, which lasted for many years. It's not the sort of thing that would occur to anyone to ask about before paying and having it installed.

Any advice appreciated. Thank you.

Maybe this from the manual;

With no demand for CH, the boiler fires only when DHW is drawn
off, or periodically for a few seconds without any DHW draw-off, in
order to maintain the DHW calorifier in a heated condition. This
only occurs if pre-heat is selected from the menu

Thanks both. Much appreciated. I will look into your useful suggestion and get back to you later, either today, or a few days when I'll be able to try this option.

Is there a frost stat and or pipe stat fitted?
Is the pipework insulated?

Sounds like as already said above that pre heat is switched on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for the confirmation. Having watched...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your reply and info. I will get a...
Replies
Views
Super late to the party but... I heard a...
Replies
Views
R
Hey all, apologies for the long post: I've...
Replies
Views
richardc1983
R
Back