Ideal vogue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal vogue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Well guys I've gotta say I fitted my first vogue last week ( from Ray ) and I've gotta say I was well impressed . Not only for build quality but user and looks quality were way above most brands I thought. The sleek design and the screen left me well impressed.
The only thing I was miffed with was when I first switched it on it said the pump rotor was jammed but a little farting about saw it sorted.
Fitted loads o logic + 's
Wots your opinions on the vogues guys .

I think they are great boilers, ticks most of the boxes. Poor quality ideal flues and isolation valves let the rear of it down a little but I can live with that. Very similar to a Vaillant without the over complicated stuff, heavy price tag or robbing of service work.

Not had a seized pump in any of mine although have in just about every other boiler manufacturer. I think it just depends on how long it's been sitting around for.

Last edited:
Yeh totally agree about ideals flueing there poor quality and could be made better .

Just by removing the central bleed screw and gently pressing n turn the shaft spindle. I was panicking as customer was standing beside me and it was yesterday so shed already been couple days with only cold water as it was back boiler out vogue in plus new pipework to rads so thought she might be another couple days but came good .

Always manually spin the pump on them, I'd go as far to say it's one of the best boilers I've fitted :)

Me too ian , well impressed, i did notice in the MI's that they tell you when filling the system to cover electrics beside the automatic air vent on the pump because its liable to pass water, that was a bit worrying having it in black n white but overall 10 outa 10,

All AAV can do it at least they'd taken the time to warn you. Personally I love em and their flues lovely to cut down to length and lovely to fit in tight spaces.

Just by removing the central bleed screw and gently pressing n turn the shaft spindle. I was panicking as customer was standing beside me and it was yesterday so shed already been couple days with only cold water as it was back boiler out vogue in plus new pipework to rads so thought she might be another couple days but came good .

Glad you got it sorted . Had this on an intergas straight out the box. Thankfully no customer questioning why their shiny new boiler wasn't working tho.

I love em. fitted a few now. Very simple boiler but on all bar one the pump has been jammed. Only flaw and nothing major though. They are my curve ball customer recommendation now.

I've fitted about 10 great boiler, got one in my house. Had a issue the other week with one, leaking on diverter valve just rang ideal to sort and they did.

Fitted quite a few now, great boilers imo, weather comp is a doddle on combis and system boilers, the interface really is a joy and makes everything else feel 10 years old in comparison.

Only niggle really is the combustion performance, the CO levels seem a little on the high side for me (whilst within spec) i don't really like seeing 150+ppm on a new boiler. It seems worse on the 40kW and LPG converted boilers for some reason.

Might have to look at installing one to see how they are with all this great feedback. Installed a few logic pluses and wasn't particularly impressed so have given ideal a wide berth since.

To be fair it was probably more their customer service as the filling loop leaked on my first one and although we changed the washers several times, put them in wet, dry etc it still leaked so i rang ideal to get them to send out another set to compare. Really i reckoned the filling loop had machining errors as in the end we had to lsx it . The lady was downright rude and refused to send any out tho. It wasnt my install and i decided not to deal with them from then as ot didnt bode well if anything bigger went wrong.

I deal with them atm for a keston that wont fire but thats a different story..........

They've gone back to the copper fill link now on the logics, I hate to say it but i think i prefered the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Nobody seems to know what this is based on, if...
Replies
Views
This any good? I think it’s who Screwfix use...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
No, decided to go for Viessmann Vitodens 100-W...
Replies
Views
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Back