Ideal vogues on WIlliams | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal vogues on WIlliams in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where have all the other Vogues gone ? theres only 26kw now ?

Sorry Matt, we are sold out of 32kw and 40kw Vogue combis, and at the moment Ideal can't deliver, and the distributor also has no stock. So we have taken them down temporarily from the site to avoid taking money without being able to fill the order. Our senior buyer did brief me tonight on when we expected delivery, but my notes are at work, and I don't want to state a date which may be wrong.

This is a boiler which massively oversold in the few months before Xmas - we sold several hundred percent over forecast, so presuming we arent the only ones, I think that the success of the product has caused some temporary embarrassment in the supply chain. Its strange - just 18 months ago, this boiler was in 2 national merchants only, and was sticking like glue - they couldn't give them away with green shield stamps. A year and a half later, and we have a shortage!

Mind you, it is a good boiler. It would be on the short list for my house, if I needed a boiler.

Other than the existing independent deals you do Ray are there any plans to do any other boilers with flue clock thermostat etc??

Apologies mate of course just got all excited when I saw a similar thread

Matt's not in the Arms yet Ray, if your visions clear enough could you pm him?

Well that confused me for a moment!

I answered Matt06 on open forum.

However, Riley asked a question that I thought needed to be answered in the private "Plumbers Arms".

Riley's real name is "Matt"!

So it was Matt Riley I was talking to, not Matt06!

Went to ideal today for vogue training and met Masood from here!
they said they have just been taken over again by a company so maybe some teething issues! Don't know for sure but that's my guess!

masood is great guy, shame he got my age massively wrong

they said they have just been taken over again by a company so maybe some teething issues!

I didnt know that if that was public knowledge, so I didn't mention it last night, but yes, ISG group have sold the Ideal boiler division to Groupe Atlantique.

Must have had a good bid, i thought Ideal had started making some serious cash again :(
Do you have many 26kw Ray?

Must have had a good bid, i thought Ideal had started making some serious cash again :(

I think the rationale was that its hard to grow beyond a certain % of the UK market, and the GA bid gave them access to European markets that would be very hard to penetrate without an existing European infrastructure.

Not loads, but probably enough. We are expecting more stock next Thursday, so hopefully the problem is short lived.

Went to ideal today for vogue training and met Masood from here!
they said they have just been taken over again by a company so maybe some teething issues! Don't know for sure but that's my guess!

masood is great guy, shame he got my age massively wrong
whatd you think of the course???

Sorry Matt, we are sold out of 32kw and 40kw Vogue combis, and at the moment Ideal can't deliver, and the distributor also has no stock. So we have taken them down temporarily from the site to avoid taking money without being able to fill the order. Our senior buyer did brief me tonight on when we expected delivery, but my notes are at work, and I don't want to state a date which may be wrong.

This is a boiler which massively oversold in the few months before Xmas - we sold several hundred percent over forecast, so presuming we arent the only ones, I think that the success of the product has caused some temporary embarrassment in the supply chain. Its strange - just 18 months ago, this boiler was in 2 national merchants only, and was sticking like glue - they couldn't give them away with green shield stamps. A year and a half later, and we have a shortage!

Mind you, it is a good boiler. It would be on the short list for my house, if I needed a boiler.

Thanks for the info Ray, Your Price on them is very good( other quotes i got were about 200 more )

lately i have been quoting for Vaillants or Ideal vogues , Are Ideal logic + a good alternative to offer (Never fitted one)
To be honest if it were n't for your price being what it is they probably would have chosen the Vaillants and i would push them in that direction just because i don't really like the Ideal Flues (Plastic elbow) other than that it seems a good boiler

I like that Ideal put a test point on the inlet to the boiler As alot of GSRs seem to get confused with the permissable drops stated in MIs though they have edited it now in most manuals

Exactly why they sold it!! sell it while its good! plus as ray said, European market is bigger! Its not all owned by 1 person from what he was saying but owned by lots of smaller companies!! very confusing if im honest!

whatd you think of the course???

Hmm, not sure to be honest, very informative about the vogue, constantly on the sell!

Do like the vogue especially the display.

He also said "if we find sludge in system or no limescale filter in areas with over 200ppm then we give one warning and if the problem isnt sorted we dont guarantee the boiler"

Which we all know anyway but surely that makes 10 years warranty more like 5 years at most!!

And trainer kept saying "don't know to all the questions" but don't they all?

I'd like to go on one. Fit quite a few ideals

Not loads, but probably enough. We are expecting more stock next Thursday, so hopefully the problem is short lived.

Hi ray, just sold a customer a 32kw vogue! Realised after I left about this problem! Don't need it until 22nd, if I order it this week, would you guarantee delivery or can you not guarantee delivery at the moment? How bad is the issue?

Hi ray, just sold a customer a 32kw vogue! Realised after I left about this problem! Don't need it until 22nd, if I order it this week, would you guarantee delivery or can you not guarantee delivery at the moment? How bad is the issue?

Hi Jase.

Ideal have given us a delivery date of Thursday 15th, so assuming they arrive ok, then 22nd should be a piece of cake. However, as VI says, it hard for us to guarantee something until the stock is in the warehouse. If you are happy to accept that small measure of uncertainty, its worth getting the order on the system, because they go up on Friday 16th at 5pm. You can more info on that in this thread in the arms.

However, if we get the order on the system before that Friday deadline, you will get the pre-increase price even if it isn't shipped until 20th or 21st.

Well, you can buy one from Ray. You just have to take your chance and hope all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Except the pump menu has other settings then...
Replies
Views
C
Nobody seems to know what this is based on, if...
Replies
Views
G
Got an Ideal Vogue 40 Max When its running in...
Replies
Views
Gaz the signman
G
  • Question
No, I'm certain it makes no difference. It's...
Replies
Views
This any good? I think it’s who Screwfix use...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back