Ideal WLX BF boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal WLX BF boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

Went to this Monday morning as the pilot wasn't staying alight. Tested the thermocouple and it was okay but looked a bit dodgy so the gas valve was faulty. When I took the case off the seal disintegrated and I thought that this was going to be the end of the boiler. Imagine my surprise when I found out that you can still get a seal kit for the boiler. Customer is over the moon as they really can't afford a new boiler at the moment and I'm able to get it back up and running for them for around 250 notes.

Is that the boiler with the foam seal and stupid wing nuts back 4 corners Mike? Amazed if it is and you can still get stuff for it :)

Went to this Monday morning as the pilot wasn't staying alight. Tested the thermocouple and it was okay but looked a bit dodgy so the gas valve was faulty. When I took the case off the seal disintegrated and I thought that this was going to be the end of the boiler. Imagine my surprise when I found out that you can still get a seal kit for the boiler. Customer is over the moon as they really can't afford a new boiler at the moment and I'm able to get it back up and running for them for around 250 notes.
ideal have said in the past if you cant buy the seal you can use a after market one,like this case seal or check the PN this may be the correct one ideal pn 133134

The ideal part number is 078260 and parts center had it in stock. It comes with 4 wing nuts, the bit of draught excluder and the rubber seal that the tubes go through. I'm back there this morning to change the bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
It doesn’t sound like you’ve had the best...
Replies
Views
A
so it doesnt screw into the gas valve? get a...
Replies
Views
Have read of TB 126 & BS7967: 2015. Some...
Replies
Views
Oh dear, I pity the poor installer that didn't...
Replies
Views
Back