Ideas for routing pipework in kitchen | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideas for routing pipework in kitchen in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

B

Bevan

Hi all,

We're starting to put our kitchen design together as we have BC permission to knock through a wall to create a bigger kitchen.

One of the challenges we have is that where we want the sink the incoming cold and hot water is at the opposite end of room by about 3.5m and the same for the waste pipe.

I've attached a couple of pics using B&Qs Kitchen planner which may help. The purple is the new toilet and stub stack as there is a new drain being laid alongside the house, the red line is the incoming hot water which will be at ceiling height.

So for hot and cold I could route along the top of the new kitchen ceiling and drop down to the sink but I still have the waste issue and I would like to hide them if possible. To the left of the sink is the dishwasher and would need the water and waste as well.

Does anyone have any tips or other about the routing of pipework behind or through cabinets?

Thanks,

Bevan.

Attachments

• 3d_view.jpg
    3d_view.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 48
  • plan_1.jpg
    plan_1.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 46
not realy enough info is it solid floor ?if hot water is from above you have to try and hide the drop might be better to drop in the cloakroom then run behind units
this is the down fall of having a kitchen planned by the person who is sellling the kitchen he is only intent on selling you as many units as possible regadrless of the problems it causes for the customer
if its planned by the people fitting it you would most probably get a much different layout

Last edited:
Not functional Design . Useless in terms of functionality. Sink position isolated. totally detached from rest. Recheck it mate if you wont happy customer.

Your ergonomic triangle is well off. I would rethink the layout.

What and where is your HW source? I.e. If its a combi boiler that's downstairs on the other side of the house, the last thing you want to do is go up, over and back down if it can be avoided, as you're just wasting water while it heats up.

The waste could run behind units into soil stack in cloakroom, but would maybe have to be 2" as it looks a long run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I dropped the hot through a stud wall ( in One Piece pipe bend) and put the cold behind 120mm torus skirting board (again one piece pipe bend) jobs a good un. If you don't agree don't do motto's used to be my thing then I met the missus :D

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all, hope this is okay to post. Just over...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
There is hopefully a lintel above that new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone, i need a bit of advice, i live in...
Replies
Views
Just going to say the same...conduit seems...
Replies
Views
Back