Identifying a sink please | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Identifying a sink please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

4F04C38D-EF64-47ED-B5A2-82C50573404B.jpeg
Evening everyone, was hoping for some help identifying my in-laws bathroom sink, to see if anyone has ever came across it before. They’re thinking about getting a new one so looking for anything on how to take it apart without smashing it.

Father inlaw mentioned it had really big springs in the pedestal part so, would like any info, to save just smashing it apart.

Thanks for any help given.

Is there any sign of any fixings on the underside of the basin? If you can't see anything it may just hook on. Is there a reason you can't smash it? Are you wanting to save it?

Nothing I can see from the outside, just the joining seam with the basin. He’s hoping to get it off with out damaging the floor or wall behind it as it’s all tiled and if it comes off in chunks could crack or damage the floor/wall. Looks like it weighs a fair bit too.

Put loads of dust sheets wadded up not laid out smoothly and hit gently downwards with a hammer.
If you’re really concerned: cover the entire thing with good quality duct tape first. As a chuck comes away, cut it free with a Stanley knife and reapply duct tape to that area- it will take a long time and a lot of tape but should do the trick for you.

Similar plumbing topics

Nearest I can find at the moment . Kop
Replies
Views
  • Question
I always go ott with timbers behind...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Firstly, I love seeing the world through other...
Replies
Views
Just a guess, but you may find that the...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Back