If new WC waste doesn't line up with old soil pipe... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss If new WC waste doesn't line up with old soil pipe... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
n1p8hs.jpg
Putting new toilet in for someone shortly. Only done one before and waste lined up same height (I chose it for customer.)

On this WC the waste seems quite high (and angled.) Haven't seen new one yet but if it doesn't line up I know you can get flexi-connectors but how would you connect to old soil pipe pictured?

Would you cut it back towards the wall and squeeze the appropriate end inside the existing pipe? Is that how it works?

Thanks.

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/sfd/i/cat/21/p1078421_x.jpg

I realise I've been stupid now. It's not a soil pipe in the picture, just a pan connector. Does that mean my only option is to chisel until I reach soil pipe or can I connect to the connector in some way?

Last edited:
Carry a few assortments with you in the van.
Cut 2-3'' before wall and a straight one should do as it will flex 1 1/2'' all directions. If not then use of-set, allways start with cheepest.

Thanks for the advice. I'll get an assortment.

One of the guys I work for always takes back anything he buys that he doesn't use. The other one keeps it saying he'll use it eventually. I'm becoming the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
If the coupling fits, then no need for what I...
Replies
Views
here is an update of job finished , i ran a...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Back