Ikea taps | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ikea taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dottie

Does anyone know if Ikea washbasins have a standard size hole for taps? So I can buy non-Ikea taps for my washbasin? Thank you.

Whats the diameter of the hole in your washbasin?

Phone Ikea and ask.

Be careful of their waste fittings as I have had some real trouble trying to get them to fit with British plumbing systems.

I tried ringing Ikea and got put in a queue of 20 people and had to give up, and the online chat wasn't working. Doesn't sound good from what you're saying. Thanks for the advice. Maybe it's a false economy? The basin costs £85 and the vanity unit is £120.

Ah IKEA taps!!!

Fitted a bathroom supplied by customer and the cistern was always dripping wet like condensation found a tiny pin hole in the bath tap it was spaying the finest spay on the cistern ........... nice ........ customer had lost the reciept or didn't want to drive back to Leeds so I filled off the chrome and soldered it

Thanks for your feedback. I'm going off the Ikea idea quite fast.

I have fitted a few ikea kitchens in the past and found the odd sizes quite strange at first but in their defense they were good quality compared to others and the trap sets contained UK adaptors which is ok but would make getting spare traps hard.

Thing is the imported waste sizes are based on rounded metric dimensions such as 30mm, 40mm etc as opposed to approximations of our old inch based dimensions, so you need to be able to convert. If you can't get a conversion fitting easily and if it's UPVC pipe you can warm up the smaller diameter pipe sometimes and push it over the other pipe to widen it whilst softened, then remove it, let it cool and join together with solvent weld adhesive to make a sound seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You are missing a part, it's probably on the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes potentially your existing pipework could...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is it possible to remove all this Ikea waste...
Replies
Views
Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds like they winged it a bit with...
Replies
Views
Back