Illegal boiler just fitted. What do I do? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Illegal boiler just fitted. What do I do? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gfitz

a Betacom 30 combi boiler has just been installed in a house we have only just moved into, and i think this may be illegal as it is B rated. What do i do?

it was bought in july 2011 by us from a popular plumbing chain and installed in November 2011 by a gas safe registered fitter

can i even get it insured? will i have to have it removed? we had no idea about any regulations...

if i have to get it replaced I'll end up paying twice for both boiler and installation.

IMO you are fine and have not broken the law! It's not illegal to own one of these boilers just to fit them! The guy who fitted it shouldn't have but that has no bearing on you! Insurance should also be fine!! Saying that there may be special circumstances that allow them to be fitted.
Just for the record and to steer away any grief I do not fit them myself!!!!

Dont see there being any problems, as long as it has been fitted correctly. Only you know when it was fitted so I cannot think of many problems you may get. Obviously Warranty is the main one.

it was bought in july 2011 by us from a popular plumbing chain and installed in November 2011 by a gas safe registered fitter
if i have to get it replaced I'll end up paying twice for both boiler and installation.
it is either is or aint?

i wouldnt wory its in and working and we have to assume fitted correctly as it was fitted by gsr engineer it would only be a problem if you want to sell the house and a question is asked as for insurance i doubt if they would be bothered providing your paying the premiums just act dumb

why worry, just have it serviced/safety checked before you move in to make sure its working correctly and put up your christmas tree and enjoy your new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Although, I believe, fitting your own boiler –...
Replies
Views
Could be the AAV inside the boiler leaking...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
Pump/feed/expansion are piped/in wrong...
Replies
Views
L
Reading between the lines, are the RGIs on...
Replies
Views
Back