illegal work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss illegal work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Not being gsr and not working on gas, but I thought the gas supply to a combi should be 22mm or at least sized accordingly.

But yes GS should come down like a ton of.

Save your time, full of people wanting everything for nothing done yesterday! IMHO

strangely i would have agreed , i had put in alot of quotes as such stating its labour only and then plus any materials and started to win work . Its a good week filler and does pay the mortgage i was very sceptical at first but after a few weeks the quotes i had put it i won and pays me o.k .

you obviously couldnt turn up and sign it off after a drop test but how about stripping the whole thing down and inspecting everything, down to the wall plugs used to hang the boiler, is that still classed as a sign off job ?

15mm used :D

you obviously couldnt turn up and sign it off after a drop test but how about stripping the whole thing down and inspecting everything, down to the wall plugs used to hang the boiler, is that still classed as a sign off job ?

15mm used :D

haha that will go down well with the person who installed it , walk in disconnect everything and re-do it lol

lmao at the 'should take 5 minutes to test' quote! With a bit of luck GS will send an inspector over to 'carry out the work' required.

Do you ever get any work from my hammer,might register see what its like

would you want any of the type of work that is advertised there, "it will only take 5 mins to connect" it said, oh aye thats right, 5 mins to do a TT, remove meter, soler fittings, cool down refit meter retest, purge and commission, prob 4 mins tops, and thats only for the idiots who would risk their reputation and liberty to do such a job, honestly i know things are tight, but anyone stupid enough to help these skinflints out deserve all they get

Unbelievable really. Serves em right if GS do go out and inspect it.
As far as My Hammer and all the other sites like them goes, that is typical of the kind of work you get asked to quote for. I no longer give them anytime, in my experience a lot of the people who use these sites are either dodgy builders trying to get a gas cert or people tighter than a ducks rectum with two coats of varnish.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A...
Replies
Views
D
Although, I believe, fitting your own boiler –...
Replies
Views
I
No your fine just make sure there registered...
Replies
Views
Hi RPM, Gasway were the first company i...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, they are removing the fuse from the spur...
Replies
Views
Back