immersion heater hot water no gas. Terrible hot water pressure | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss immersion heater hot water no gas. Terrible hot water pressure in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael c

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys, this system is in a 2 storey apartment with cylinder upstairs. It is the type of cylinder with the f and e tank built in so no header pressure. Bathroom is on same level and the hot water pressure is low at the bath and non existent at the sink. At this point I am unsure of the routing of the pipework (over or under). I am just looking for ideas to increase this i.e. could I fit a pump and any idea of cost?

That are a pile of poo!
dont bother with a pump, you will find it just about impossible to get a cold connection into the header tank.
just fit a small unvented.

Long shot michael, swap iso valves for full bore, check taps will work on low pressure etc etc

Mains is too low for unvented and its a landlord so doubt they would pay for upgrade to unvented. The hot water to down stairs taps is decent. Cold is approx 14 litres per min haven't checked pressure. The iso valves are 22mm and the upstairs pipework is 22mm until it disappears in wall. Landlord dod

landlord doesn't want me to rip floors up to alter and it is a new tennant so I am unsure if this has always been the problem.

Hi Michael, long time no see! Hows it going for you?

As for this problem - its probably not solvable without spending proper money. Don't waste your money trying to pump a direct combination cylinder, (if thats what it is?) there simply isn't enough cold storage in it.

As above i can tell you the reason but not the cure. most basin taps now are of the monobloc type ie single hole and they are fed by probably 6mm internal bore, if not then it's the slight height in comparison to the bath. you cant strap another cw tank onto the existing really so would be a big job either way. no easy fix pal :(

Thanks very much guys its as i expected then may try a low pressure tap see if that helps at all.
Hi Ray, to be honest mate things havent been great but are getting better. I just lost my job due to my tourettes but have got a contract with a landlord with 300 properties. So gas is looking up :)

Just placed an order with you ray any idea if i will get it tomorrow or wed? Its a baxi duotec and accessories.

Lazy *******s haha thanks Ray any idea if they have a built in filling loop? Never fitted one before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Heating water using electric is about 3 x the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://myenergi.info/viewtopic.php?p=87432#p87432
Replies
Views
E
Is it an unvented cylinder? Sounds like issue...
Replies
Views
Back