Importance of tap pressure matching house pressure? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Importance of tap pressure matching house pressure? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

Just a quick one - what's the effect of not matching taps to house water pressure?

Ie have a bath tap rated to 0.5-0.9bar and the house is generally about 1.2bar

What effect does this actually gave? I assume there's no risk of damage, but does it mean anything could not work optimally or is it just rough ballpark?

Also does it tend to be a 'minimum range' - I could see a tap not having enough pressure meaning it wouldn't mix properly etc
Thanks in advance!

Usually tap pressure is stated as minimum pressure and running anywhere near minimum will be close to useless.
Generally taps with 0.1bar min are suitable for gravity fed systems and 0.5bar min for mains fed systems.
I would assume all taps are suitable for up to 4bar, with some like the dreaded waterfall type needing a restricted flow.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
There were issues with failing heat exchangers...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Chuck. The cylinder was supplied by BG...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Latter option much cheaper and simpler.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Seems like they would work, but you’d need the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back