Improvised high level flush pipe. | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Improvised high level flush pipe. in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all.

I need to improvise a flush pipe some how. Anyone managed to do this with waste pipe at all. Basically the cistern is on the back of a 2 inch stud wall of where the toilet will go. The pipe cannot go straight down due to a washing machine needing to fit into the space below the cistern. So I need to do 2 x 45s from the cistern into the wall and then into the toilet.

Attachments

• IMG-20220719-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20220719-WA0018.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 38
You may be right, it's not exactly a day to day job. I may get some grief for this but If you can find ABS flush pipe then you can glue it and swage with heat if necessary.
Or...
Are there any boss rubbers that will fit the pan?

Slow and steady is the way.
Of course I don't do it, coz I'm a professional but if I did I'd probably just use my blowtorch from a fair distance (a few inches closer than I could hold my hand) and constantly spin the pipe untill it gets floppy.

You could reduce to 1 1/4 at tip and 'swage' to desired size with a home-made former (another bit of pipe)

Polypropylene (pushfit) won't thermoset and will just burn, but you won't be using that for this.

Yes should fit or use a macalpine comp coupling and use a standard flush pipe

Can the cistern be rigged up in the same room as the pan somewhere?

Even at high level or on a different wall?

A good way to bend pipe if you need to is cap one end, heat some sand up and fill the pipe - wait a short while and you can bend it without distorting it too much. Then leave it to cool, then remove the sand.

Have to experiment a bit, but it’s quite fun too!

Can the cistern be rigged up in the same room as the pan somewhere?

Even at high level or on a different wall?

A good way to bend pipe if you need to is cap one end, heat some sand up and fill the pipe - wait a short while and you can bend it without distorting it too much. Then leave it to cool, then remove the sand.

Have to experiment a bit, but it’s quite fun too!
I've seen it done with steel tube but never thought about doing it hot with plastic pipe.
That's my weekend sorted - playing with a big long floppy length🥳

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Flush pipes are usually 1.5” (38mm OD). Some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply. Its a semi - so I...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just remove the cistern and do the job...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Has s/he confirmed that there can be no...
Replies
Views
Back