In Floor Heating Issue... | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss In Floor Heating Issue... in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all, have a condo with in floor radiant heating. The system doesn't seem to be working properly as the condo won't warm up, floor doesn't feel warm.
The water unit seems to have power.
Of course there are valves all over the place on this, and lots of levers to shut water flow on and off. Also one sort of brass key thing.
I am going to call to have a professional come look at it, but was hoping to learn a bit about it and thought I'd post questions here!

1. There is the air exchanger for the condo a few feet away from the radiant water unit, and there is a drain tube running into air exchanger. When we turned the brass key thing, we heard a rush of water, and all of a sudden there was water pouring out of the air exchanger! Why would they have a drain line going there???
2. So being a genius....I turned off the lever on that drain tube that went to the air exchanger, and turned that brass key on again, again we heard rushing water, and about 10 seconds later we see dirty water coming up through the kitchen drain! So again turned that key thing off again and called it a day.

Does any of this sound familiar? Does it indicate a blockage in the system somewhere???

Thanks!!!!!!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Having thought about it i'm sure there is a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will be a 15-60 then prob ups2 Green lights ?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
Back