Indirect Copper Cylinder Coil Support | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Indirect Copper Cylinder Coil Support in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jdstratton@btin

I have recently purchased an 900 x 450 Indirect RM Copper Cylinder from Plumbfix and note it has a Coil Support fitted inside the cylinder , it looks like a plastic material with half holes cut and sits on the bottom of the cylinder then the half holes are supporting the coil . Just a flat piece of material .

Probably a daft question but this is the first one I have fitted for some time and have never noticed this before , my question is : Is this fitted for transit purposes only or am I correct in assuming that it stays in position acting as a support for the life on the cylinder ? It would be awkward to remove if it does need to come out so hopefully it stays there .

Many Thank For Any Replies .

John

Never seen that before, but I assume, as it would prob be awkward to remove & if it doesn't say anything on the cylinder, then it is to stay. That is, unless it was left in by mistake in the factory. :grin:
Why not ring RM or get Plumbfix to & ask them?

Thanks , I have never seen them either but it does make some sense I suppose . It would be too big to get out through the Immersion Heater Boss so really could not be removed easily . Nothing mentioned on the cylinder label. I will make enquiries as you suggest .

Thanks .

Been in touch with RM Cylinders who have confirmed the support is fitted for transport purposes but also should be left in place when fitted .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

dam am i remembering it wrong, college days...
Replies
Views
Kind of. They are side entry and one is in the...
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
Best advice. Good luck!
Replies
Views
TBServices
T
Back