Inlet expansion water heaters | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Inlet expansion water heaters in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi on inlet water heaters 15 litres and less- you can have the expansion on the cold mains pipe rather than have an expansion vessel if you can reach recommended length mains pipes. -

My question is saying you have an non return valve 1.5 metres away - as permitted by some manufacturers how does the expansion in the 1.5 metres of pipe happen as it is already full of water and cant push its way back into the mains as there is a non return valve there?

Thanks Again

Well the expansion will be converted into extra pressure,I do not have the figures but persume manufactorers have worked out any pressure increase by heating unit will not be detrimental to water supply pipework,as long as a certain length of pipework avalible to take pressure increase caused by expansion
Some systems have special pressure activated taps that open if pressure becomes to great

Agree with Puddle.

We are often told water is incompressible that isn't strictly true it will compress a certain amount. So that is probably the basis of it.

Also many inlet heaters expand through the spout or special taps as Puddle says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
They can stick quite easily, try a spray with...
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Any update?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 123817
D
Thanks mate. No I wasn't aware. I'll get...
Replies
Views
Back