inset gas meter | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss inset gas meter in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
the customer wants the gas pipe run on outside wall,the gas meter box door is flush with the wall.what would,could you do.

Chop a brick out above or below etc to get the copper pipe on the outside wall, dont forget to sleave it then make good as usual etc etc.

Chop a brick out above or below etc to get the copper pipe on the outside wall, dont forget to sleave it then make good as usual etc etc.

probs the only way,lot of extra work when it would be straight forward if brought inside,but the customer the boss. thanks anyways.

normally theres a gap at the bottom for pipe work to enter unless you have something very unusual there,does it look like the second one from the right?
[DLMURL]http://www.meterboxes.co.uk/content/home.asp[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
normally theres a gap at the bottom for pipe work to enter unless you have something very unusual there,does it look like the second one from the right?
[DLMURL="http://www.meterboxes.co.uk/content/home.asp"]Meter boxes - gas meterboxes, electricity meter boxes, meterbox spares and accessories[/DLMURL]
yeah i've got something unusual,not sure but can,t recall seeing incoming gas supply to box,working of memory (shot) i seem to think it is inside the property,is that likely...!!!

if its a normal setup open the box door there will be a knock out bottom right i think, just dill trough required size 28 or 22 etc,should be just enough room dont forget to try the door before you solder it up a mistake i have made once or twice doh!

you should still be able to take it out the bottom.
but by the sounds of it maybe the house has been cladded over leaving the meter box recessed into the new outer wall

you should still be able to take it out the bottom.
but by the sounds of it maybe the house has been cladded over leaving the meter box recessed into the new outer wall
yes mate it's had a coat of wet dash recessing meter box even further,it will need a bit of knocking out.

yeah you will have to knock some out or as youve said run it through to inside.
doubt they will want you to knock it out if theyve recently had it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

£64! I think I'll continue to use a pair of...
Replies
Views
Yes, for 20p it'll save the mess and you can...
Replies
Views
1/ You pay for course and they give you...
Replies
Views
you will have to call the gas transporter /...
Replies
Views
Even if you did move the meter to the "vacant"...
Replies
Views
Back