Insinkerator boiling tap | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Insinkerator boiling tap in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

J

Jamie LM

Hi looking for some advice. My inlaws have an insinkerator boiling and cold tap (model number HC3300 c). It was leaking from the handle so naturally I didn’t think it would take much to change a washer or cartridge. I should also explain that I have been a pipefitter for last 5 years but I admit I don’t have a massive amount of experience when it comes to domestic stuff. After removing handle and getting to cartridge there are 4 very small flathead screws which for lid of me I cannot unscrew. Any tips on how to remove these. Insinkerator were not particularly helpful when speaking to in-laws and told them to just get new tap and nothing can be done to repair it. Any help massively appreciated

Hi there

Have you got any photos of the issue?

I’ve worked out how to remove the handle. You need a special tool with four prongs to unscrew the cartridge for which there won’t becany parts. Has to be binned. Terrible.

I have same issue. Sounds like futile exercise trying to replace the cartridge?
My plumber says if I get the cartridge he will replace it. But he will have same issues Roger had. Even if he gets to cartridge any know what part number / compatible model to order?
Cannot find any mention of HC3300 cartridge on internet!

I’ve worked out how to remove the handle. You need a special tool with four prongs to unscrew the cartridge for which there won’t becany parts. Has to be binned. Terrible.

Hi, how did you manage to remove the handle? Mine is leaking from the handle, but can't find a way to remove this. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Similar plumbing topics

Doubt if they apply to change of use...
Replies
Views
  • Question
youve gotta release the cover cap on top...
Replies
Views
S
that is a posibility i hadnt considered but...
Replies
Views
F
Thanks ermintrude! 6ft tall and 2ft wide prob...
Replies
Views
fletch25
F
Back