Installation notification. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Installation notification. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Can someone explain the finer points of notification to me. I realise that any new install must be notified. Understand that!!

what happens if moving an existing appliance. Logic would say a big move would be notifiable eg boiler from kitchen to loft. but what happens if it's a very minor move, say moving a boiler 2-3 foot to the side in order to accommodate a new kitchen layout.

Im getting a bit frustrated with mixed messages from building authorities.

Thanks in advance

matt

Where are you based matt england or scotland????

Ok mate just askin as our notification laws are totally different and nowhere near so strict,

Yeah I'm just getting annoyed with the lack of consistency I'm getting with local building authorities. I don't mind doing it but hate extra work if it's not necessary

Matt, I am not going to give you the answer you were looking for. Sorry.
But, I would say forget your local building control officer. Phone Gas Safe and present them with your dilemma. If they can't help you, no one can. Why do you pay them annually to renew your card? Make them work for it.

If I'm honest GS were nearly as bad. Massively over complicating matters. Why oh why is nothing easy??

If it's band a, don't bother. It's already been registered. If the excrement hits the fan, register it then.

It's band A :smile: just wish the authorities wouldn't keep contradicting themselves

If I'm honest GS were nearly as bad. Massively over complicating matters. Why oh why is nothing easy??

I agree. Do you have the telephone number of your local Gas Safe Inspector? If not, phone Gas Safe tomorrow and ask them the name and telephone number of the chap (or gerl) who covers your area, then phone him/her and present them with the scenario. Chances are they will be better able to assist you. We can give you any answer on here, but chances are it may not hold up :) As for Building control, I doubt they know much. Just my view

Quite agree VI you make a cracking point. I know my inspector fairly well but don't like to prompt him to inspect :wink: definitely the best option though

I doubt he will be interested in inspecting. At the end of the day, you wan to cover your arze. If you can send him a text message or email and get him to reply same stating what your obligations are relating to relocating the said boiler, then you have documentary proof. If it is a phone call, he can always claim he said something different.

Very very true. Cheers VI I'll do tomorrow

The types of work that require reporting are as follows:
Building ServicesNotifiable Work
Gas fired Heat Producing Appliances
Installation/replacement/commissioning of:
heating and hot water boilers;
warm air heaters;
independent space heaters (fires etc);
water heater/circulators;
Flued cookers and cooker-boilers; and
Micro-cogeneration appliances (micro-CHP)
tick.jpg
Hot water Storage Vessels
Installation/ replacement /commissioning of:
Unvented hot water storage vessels >15 litre capacity
tick.jpg
Installation of new:
Vented hot water storage vessels >15 litre capacity
tick.jpg
Heating Services
Complete heating systems new or replacement
tick.jpg
Replace part of an existing heating systems which alter performance or require re-commissioning of the boiler e.g. re-setting boiler input/output
tick.jpg
Add to an existing heating systems which alter performance or require re-commissioning of the boiler e.g. re-setting boiler input/output
tick.jpg
Install or replace a new flue system/flue liner
tick.jpg

By the looks of things you should notify if you have to re-commision a boiler even if after fitting a new flue to it.

Cheers Millsy, that's actually really clear. Thanks. Can I ask where the extract came from??

It came off the gas safe website for once you are right it is quite clear not written in a way only a scientist would under stand like alot of the stuff on there.

[DLMURL]https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/Notifications.aspx[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again mate appreciated

You have to register if you alter the boilers out put ! Oh yeh I'm going to do that.

You have to register if you alter the boilers out put ! Oh yeh I'm going to do that.
I know right I thought the whole point of a competancy scheme was that if you were a member you were competant to undertake these tasks. Why then would you have to notify? Ring ring "hello Gas Safe Register" "hello I just adjusted a gas valve it is now on a boiler it is now burning correctly I have analysed and its within Mi's I know this because I am gas safe" "thank you sir do you have your debit card to hand the notification fee is eleventy million pounds." Click.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
It would cost quite a bit to move the...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Yup that's a definite extra to add to my...
Replies
Views
Back