Installation of filter tap | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Installation of filter tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

I have a Brita filter tap (hot/cold mixer + filtered) and I'm trying to decide what I need for it. Has anybody installed/used on of these and do you have any advice?

I've noticed that the flexi's to the filter are very long (800mm) but they can be hard to get replacements as the tap end an M8 fitting. The other hose going to the filter is 3/8" at both ends.

Do I need a check valve for the filter? While one side of the filter is filtered water, if the water were to flow the opposite way then I'm guessing that some of the filtered rubbish could possibly go back into the drinking water. I was also planning on putting a single check valve on the hot.

Brita instructions are very clear. They are also very supportive as they want their system to work! I have a Brita Torlan and found a drip coming from the spout (after three years). I called them and they sent a replacement cartridge FOC.
What model do you have - it helps if we know!

Brita instructions are very clear. They are also very supportive as they want their system to work! I have a Brita Torlan and found a drip coming from the spout (after three years). I called them and they sent a replacement cartridge FOC.
What model do you have - it helps if we know!

It's the Dolce tap that I have. Getting it working seems pretty straight forward but I want a good installation. The instructions don't seem to mention valves anywhere. What I really want to know is whether I should install check valves. The plumbing (and sink unit) will all be new so it's easy to add the appropriate valves.

While the 800mm flexi pipe will work, I don't really want a huge hose filling my cupboard and getting kinked. I didn't know whether there were any alternatives.

Ideally you should fit an isolating service valve to both hot and cold feed whilst you are doing this work.
You don't necessarily have to use the flexi that Brita have supplied. Many plumbers are a little sceptical about flexis. Here is your opportunity to do a good plumbing job, just like the professionals!

Ideally you should fit an isolating service valve to both hot and cold feed whilst you are doing this work.
You don't necessarily have to use the flexi that Brita have supplied. Many plumbers are a little sceptical about flexis. Here is your opportunity to do a good plumbing job, just like the professionals!

I'm quite limited though. The tap has M8 fittings, so I don't think I can get much else for those. Does anybody know where I can get anything with an M8 fitting (I found a couple flexi's online but that's all)? That just leaves one other flexi, which has 3/8" female at the end. I've found a 300mm flexi that goes from 15mm to 3/8", which would be better than their 800mm.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All, I have installed a cascade 3 way tap...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take it back to the shop.
Replies
Views
Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
Back