Installing a boiler outside - anyone do it/done it? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Installing a boiler outside - anyone do it/done it? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

I've been asked to move a boiler that I installed last year, to outside the house.

What are the pitfalls? The house owner is a builder, and says he will build a weatherproof enclosure around the boiler. I can take pipework through the wall, obviously well lagged and making sure it's all within the enclosure. Anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks!

I've been asked to move a boiler that I installed last year, to outside the house.

What are the pitfalls? The house owner is a builder, and says he will build a weatherproof enclosure around the boiler. I can take pipework through the wall, obviously well lagged and making sure it's all within the enclosure. Anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks!

Yes, don't put the flue back through the wall into the house ;-)

I have seen lots of boiler done like this , in Harrow (London) with vertical flue sticking out 2m above the roof

I'd hope he'd make the enclosure big enough to cover the head of any engineer wanting to work on it. Imagine standing in the rain whilst the boiler is nice and dry!! :) Also consider lighting the enclosure... Seen many a boiler in an outbuilding TBH :)

Fitted a combi in a garden shed last week ducted the pipes in four inch pipe fully lagged

the gas was separate and the shed well outhouse , its in the welsh valleys where the sheds are the size of a house !! its ducted into the upstairs though the wall then wireless controls there are quite a few of these around here like this all in regs

I think there definitely is a market for a purpose made external boiler house for domestic properties. Maybe made of GRP with a metal frame for boiler support,suitably insulated.. It could even house an unvented cylinder..

I think there definitely is a market for a purpose made external boiler house for domestic properties. Maybe made of GRP with a metal frame for boiler support,suitably insulated.. It could even house an unvented cylinder..

Dragon's Den!

When I was in Australia a few years back I was suprised to see the gas hot water boiler outside the house open to the elements! Looked a bit like an Andrews water heater stuck on the side of the house :) Not a bit of cover over it!

Seen them in oz too diamondgas. They're a bit like the certikin swimming pool boilers that are open to the elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back