Installing a drain to pick up condense? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Installing a drain to pick up condense? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys.
I need to run a condense pipe and 2 water softener flushes(15mm copper) to an external drain.
The problem is that the nearest drain is the other side of a door way, so running some 1 1/2” pipe over to the existing drain isn’t possible.
They don’t really want a soak away but there is a 3rd option. As the existing patio is raised, I could lift a couple of slabs by the back door and install a drain to pick up the pipe work. I could then terminate this drain into the existing drain. But, I’m not sure what’s best or what drain would be suitable for this? If you guys could offer any advice that would be great. Cheers

Think I’d do the under the patio thing but seal all connections and add a breather pipe, which will also detect any blockages and may allow rodding. Flush from a water softener is high flow and should keep the pipe clear. Why not in 4inch?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Any thoughts on this bottle gully arrangement?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Welcome! Could anyone offer their advice?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will be a 15-60 then prob ups2 Green lights ?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will do, I shall try that. Thank you for your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you got any photos to share of your...
Replies
Views
Back