Installing a tigerloop combi-3 in new heating oil supply installation. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Installing a tigerloop combi-3 in new heating oil supply installation. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I’m replacing my single skin plastic oil tank with a new bunded oil tank.

I’m going to replace the single 10mm pvc covered oil pipe too, so to keep the number of compression joints to a minimum, I’d like to fit an external tigerloop combi 3 de-aerator (the one that incorporates an isolation valve and filter) downstream of a new fire valve.

This will reduce the number of compression joints between the new oil tank and the tigerloop to four (4). i.e. Tank side, each side of the fire valve & the isolation valve integral to the tigerloop.

Would the above installation be acceptable from a regulations/OFTEC perspective?

Thanks for your time. Best, Chris.

If your using standard compression fittings you should be using pipe stiffeners as well
One stockists is heating word of spares.
Tank either needs to be installed/ ticketed by someone on a 'component person scheme ' or building control.
Out of interest what's the high difference between you tank base and burner?

Thanks for getting back to me and for the link.

I’ll use brass inserts, so don’t anticipate a problem there.

I put down a new concrete base for the oil tank this summer and a duct, underground, from the tank across the garden to the side of the house in accordance with OFTEC’s spec (photos taken at each stage for inspection and certification).

Height difference between the tank and the burner is approximately 0.75m.

I just want to reduce on the number of compression joints and do a better job than was done previously, hence why I’m considering the tigerloop combi 3 de-aerator.

Similar plumbing topics

hate to say it but a pressure test means you...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Great! Thanks for getting back and letting us...
Replies
Views
U
Could have made the joints without using pipe...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
C
You sure its locking out and not going off on...
Replies
Views
Bunker
B
Back