Installing a toilet system!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Installing a toilet system!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Davey Cammack

OK, i have decided to give up on trying to fix the Twyford Nocturn pan i apparently have as i cant seem to find much info on it that looks anything like the thing i have loose on my toilet inlet, so ive decided to go buy a new one but need some advice.

I want to conserve water but still be powerful enough to flush all away & a common one for parts if some are needed.
I do like the ones with the 2 buttons u press down u get in most caravans, 1 for a short flush & the little one for the longer flush.

Also are the height of the drainage pipe hole standard to fit all waste pips into the house? My normal plumber retired due to ill health & the other quotes i've been given are stupid for what i need so i plan to do it myself :D

Usually the pipes are set to a standard height but always best to measure first - measure to the pipe centre.

Not sure what a "stupid" quote is for you. The trouble with wc's is they can be fitted in anything from 2 hours to a day. Sometimes it takes an hour or two to remove the old one then the new one goes in about 30 minutes later. Other times a new one won't stop leaking.

So if a quote has been for £500 then this probably covers a day's labour, an unexpected trip to the merchants for a part that's broken, the cost of a wc and so on. If you've only had a price given over the phone then this is the sort of price you can expect. If someone's been out they might have seen something you've not spotted which will make the job more difficult.

I think B&Q have leaflets on how to change a wc, if that helps.

yeah i was given quotes of around £450 to £550 ish but they mostly was vague on if it was inclusive to fit what i had purchased & w/e & kept referring to labour not parts in trips if any needed like you said. But it cant be that difficult, i've plumbed & fitted in the kitchen myself last year that took me longer than a plumber would of done but im more proud of it, the wife even got me a plaque n stuck it at the back under the sink says, Husbands Work just to take the mick lol.

So i plan to give it a go myself, was just wondering on the best type of systems to get for common parts as i dont want to buy something & then not find a part i need if it breaks a yr later.

i'd rather plumb a kitchen than do a toilet swap ! all the WC's come with all the fittings allready installed. i get mine from plumb centre or city plumbing, dont have any problems so far.
just gat a decent pan connector, macalpine or multikwik are good. offer the new pan upto the soil pipe then get the pan connector to suit
if you've got enough room put in an isolating valve on the cistern supply then connect up using a flexi connector. dead easy and makes life even easier when you have to do a repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
The latest Geberit flush valves have an...
Replies
Views
N
Any pictures of the leaking bit ?
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
Back