installing boiler not gas safe registered company.... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss installing boiler not gas safe registered company.... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moony

i have started my own plumbing company - its not gas safe registered - i work for a lad who is though full time - as my company is only part time whilst i get company gas safe registered.

question is....

i have been asked to quote for a ful heating system, from vented to combi... i install combis and unvented for my boss - but as my businees is fairly new i was wondering how i am allowed to go about this?

what am i allowed to do and what do i hnave to get my boss in who is gas safe registered to do??

from what i gather i can get him to come and cap off gas and then i can crack on and legally remove the boiler, fit new trvs - alter pipe work in cylinder cupboard, remove cwcs and f and e cistern, fit new boiler to wall - pipe it up, and get him to come and reconnect gas and commission?

i dont wanna take this job on if im not allowed to do it like this, my boss said thats fine, i have agreed to pay him to do his bit and he knows i'm level 3 qualified and can size the gas and run the pipework? but im not too sure on where i stand as in does he have to run the pipework for gas (all of 2 metres) or can i run it - him check it and commssion boiler? my company is totall legit - insured, and im regestered self employed.

any advice before i go ahead and quote for the job would be appreciated.

i have started my own plumbing company - its not gas safe registered - i work for a lad who is though full time - as my company is only part time whilst i get company gas safe registered.

question is....

i have been asked to quote for a ful heating system, from vented to combi... i install combis and unvented for my boss - but as my businees is fairly new i was wondering how i am allowed to go about this?

what am i allowed to do and what do i hnave to get my boss in who is gas safe registered to do??

from what i gather i can get him to come and cap off gas and then i can crack on and legally remove the boiler, fit new trvs - alter pipe work in cylinder cupboard, remove cwcs and f and e cistern, fit new boiler to wall - pipe it up, and get him to come and reconnect gas and commission?

i dont wanna take this job on if im not allowed to do it like this, my boss said thats fine, i have agreed to pay him to do his bit and he knows i'm nearly level 3 qualified and can size the gas and run the pipework? but im not too sure on where i stand as in does he have to run the pipework for gas (all of 2 metres) or can i run it - him check it and commssion boiler? my company is totall legit - insured, and im regestered self employed.

any advice before i go ahead and quote for the job would be appreciated.

edited - nearly level 3 qualified

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you were working with me ,I would say and do the same as the gas safe bloke you are working with
However ,officially, you should not do anything with the new boiler,he should put it on the wall and make all connections to it,gas and water,you can only run the flow and return,hot and cold supply pipework up to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!
Replies
Views
D
Although, I believe, fitting your own boiler –...
Replies
Views
Is it bottles or bulk tank? They go over pipe...
Replies
Views
Back