installing complete new combi central heating system | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss installing complete new combi central heating system in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

axamus

hello there

Im going to be installing a brand new combi condenser boiler system in my house. I have completly ripped out the house aswell as ceilings. Im going to be installing boiler in kitchen down stairs and run new pipework all through house.
I really wanting advice on what the best boilers are for effeciancy?
advice on pipework layout?
Any advice would be most helpful to me as im only limited on my knowledge havin just completed plumbin level 3.
I have to increase the flow rate because incomin main is 15mm copper pipe believe it or not,will increase it to 25mm mdpe plastic pipe.

thanks

andy

got to be band a,go with a valliant,veisseman,or worester.
is it poor incoming c/water,you need a wier cup to measure water flow rate.advice for pipework,get someone who is gsr
to install all gas/and boiler/flue,you just do wet side if your not gsr

i forgot to say the house is a 3 bed semi detached, size of boiler not sure yet?

remeha broag are a good choice and come with a free 5 year guarantee if bought from hsp

dont go less than a 28kw if ye want plemty of hot water they all do ye rads there all about hot water bigger ye go more hot water ye get and faster flow rate but once ye go above 30kw you start having to change gas feed for bigger pipe ie 28mm ect so bigger bills more gas plus in house that size 28kw should be fine potterton heatmax 28kw is good boiler weve been fitting them and had no trouble potterton basically baxi also get spiro vent cleaner not manga clean as weve had them leaking after 6 months
no doubt someone will disagree but been on both sides of the counter so got experience in it

Hi
As you have blank canvas pop in a watersoftner, if in hard water area.

i was told baxi duo tec are gd boiler to get,if there are any better ones out there would like the advice???
Also, what size pipework would be best to run through the house for Central heating and hot and cold draw off, 15mm 22mm?

yes they are the duo tec voted best boiler by which mag 2 yrs running but there the same boiler as the heatmax 28kw give or take some very miner stuff and the heatmax is £250 cheaper just cos of the name ,cold on 15 mm hot on 22mm to bath everywere else 15mm and when i worked in city plumbing the baxi rep told me potterton is baxi southern hence the same boiler

we are putting in mixer shower upstairs and no bath so would i be right in thinking the hot water draw off needs to be 15mm aswell as cold 15mm to equalise pressures? or would all hot water draw offs need to be 22mm? sorry me being thick as ****, i just want to get this right lol!!

yep 15 mm also if ye fitting a combi must be thermostatic mixer cos when u flush toilet or run the cold it takes it away from the mixer and can scold you, dont think pressure has owt to do with it as its a 15mm inlet usually on the mixer

cheers for advice mate.
im thinking of running 25mm mdpe pipe under the suspended floor from outside up to stop tap then transfering to either hep20 or copper. i can pretty much put stop new stop tap anywhere in kitchen,should i place the stop tap under where boiler is and tee off to cold water draw offs or other way round??? just need to know if the boiler needs the priority flow first to get the best out of it or doesnt it matter???

id fit it were its easy accessable not to close to the boiler as if ye sell ye house someone might think its to do with the boiler also goto to city plumbing or toolstation and get one of the 25mm to 15 mm compression connectors to go on to the mdpe also youll need an insert for the mdpe dont use the plastic compression one they dont last as long ,if ye use hep 2o make sure you use compression fitting with inserts hep 2o in the white barrier pipe is good or copper

ok so getting this right in my head, place stop tap under the sink for instants and tee off for boiler in hep20 or copper in 15mm, got that. Are there metal inserts or somethin stronger than plastic for mdpe pipe? white barrier pipe? is that another brand JG or somethin?

Phew you've had some advice there??????????

Not sure i'd agree with it all, .

IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
yes they are the duo tec voted best boiler by which mag 2 yrs running but there the same boiler as the heatmax 28kw give or take some very miner stuff and the heatmax is £250 cheaper just cos of the name ,cold on 15 mm hot on 22mm to bath everywere else 15mm and when i worked in city plumbing the baxi rep told me potterton is baxi southern hence the same boiler

duotec or heatmax as said the same boiler,cracking choice very reliable and spares reasonable the potterton performa is more powerful than the 28kw duotec(31 kw) just as reliable but its a band b will be fazed out by jan 2011 but spares will not be a issue for a very long time 7.5 million of them out there

hello mate, yes had some advice there indeed lol, what parts wouldnt u agree with as it maybe benifial?

ecowarm i do this every day for a living and have done for yrs also learnt of someone been in the trade 30 yrs so think my advice is ok if you want to give out wrong advice feel free but i done this coutless times including my own house

also am so comfident if axamus lived near me i would quite happly go to his house and show him

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for the information mate, ill look into...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
That's a fair better idea or costly mistakes...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back