Installing gas boiler in cupboard next to electric fuse box. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Installing gas boiler in cupboard next to electric fuse box. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danny Mair

Hi guys, can anyone please clear this up for me?

I am looking to install a boiler in a cupboard but currently in the cupboard there is the electrical fuse board for the house.

Is there a certain distance that you have to be away from the board before you can fit a boiler?

Cheers

150mm. To anything.

If you've decided which boiler to install, ring the manufacturers technical helpline and ask them.

25mm minimum from gas pipe to any cable
150mm minimum from gas pipe to any socket /switch

I had this a while back. Other than the above distances nothing is clear.
Spoke to Gas safe and they said to speak with manufacturers.
Neither had a problem as long as I kept the boiler clear and accessible.
Hope this helps.
Btw boiler was a Ideal Logic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Isn't that dimension only to a gas pipe? I reckon you need to ask a sparky

I would consider a boiler a gas pipe. It's got one connected to it!

why not create a barrier/box off the consumer unit making them seperate areas?

best place to fit an isar is next to your metal recycle bin so you dont have far to carry it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
P
Baxi boilers are light and quiet but I doubt...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Back