Installing Vokera Combi Boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Installing Vokera Combi Boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

I have been reading a few of the threads on this forum, and it has made me start to wonder. When a customer is looking for a budget replacement combi boiler, the first thing I think of fitting is a Vokera. However, I notice a lot of you are telling people to stay clear of Vokeras? Fault finding is not really my area, but if you could please explain to me why a lot of people would rather not install a Vokera? I installed about 15 Vokeras in 2010 and none have had any problems. I installed 20 Valliant ecoTECH and 2 are losing pressure constantly. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure what they are like now but corrosion on heat exchangers was one issue that i would often come across , they were made on the cheap hence the metals used would rot away .

the issue with cheap boilers is the massive mark up on parts so it kinda depends on your customer base, if they cant afford an expensive boiler and know the cheap one will cost them more in the long run they are less likely to bend your ear if you do the follow up work and need £150+ for pcbs and fans on a boiler that you got for £450

Been fitting Vokera for last 6 years and a apart from a bad batch of fans over a period of a month 2years ago had no problems. Only fit the Unica or better and not the lower end models as in my opinion all manafacturers compromise on quality with their entry models. As also said before, the quality of installation can be a large factor on boiler reliabiliy etc.

unica and linea are good boilers ..... compact he is ok and compact se is ok as budget boiler but problems with venturi if even slightest bit of dust gets in to them .
if a customer has the cash offer up vailliant or worcester or equivalent.
But if someone wants to get a decent boiler on a budget the unica and linea are pretty good boilers and better than given credit for one of vokeras faults is when you ring up the technical line you always wait at least 5 mins before getting through to them whereas every time I have phoned worcester i have waited no more then 2 mins at worst.
I like the older linea se boiler range as well had one in my old home and had no problems with it at all and i lived there for 4 years.

budget boiler i'd go for vokera also, my cousins one was installed around 5 years ago never been serviced and still going strong

thats because they are not as bad as people on here make out i think they are very easy to install and commision and have never had any major problems with them.

I have fitted a few vokeras. Have had major problems with the band b compact 35he we installed. But the othera we've fitted haven't done bad. I think the original condensing boilers they did really ruined there reputation. I still don't like them but I will sooner fit these than sime lol

Have fitted loads of Unica fans,at an eye watering trade price, poor old custards need a sit down
and a glass of water once iv'e stuck a little bit on to cover exe's
Mind you the Worcester fan count is not that far behind, and only a bit cheaper so who knows?
Fans with a PCB attached are truly an invention of Satan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

My 30 year old good servant a Combi Vokera...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your response mate. Im not...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating...
Replies
Views
Back