insurance providers,our experience | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss insurance providers,our experience in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

Anyone due to renew their insurance?,well avoid Hastings direct,they are hopeless,this is the average time it takes to get through to them,when you do get through they are extremely unhelpful and just want to rip you off,we have both vans insured with them,we are changing the transit for a newer van,admin fee on its own is £130,they also say we have had a claim against us up in Somerset,though we have not been to Somerset,they instantly loaded our insurance,even though there's no evidence,no damage to our van,no proof,plus we have a dated dash cam on every journey,they were not interested,this spurious claim happened 4 months ago and Hastings have done nothing to sort it out,a very poor,uncaring,inept insurance provider,probably useless in the event of actual claim,so avoid at all costs screenshot.jpg

been there with Hastings van direct or whatever, now use Aviva and surprisingly the premiums have been fair and service not to bad, waiting on my renewal this year after lorry hit my parked van!!! as of course I will be considered a higher risk, even though I wasnt in it at the time!!!!

hate dealing with insurance.
you could always complain to them about and if they cannot resolve it after 40 days, you can choose to take it further to the insurance ombudsman who will adjudicate on the matter. it normally get onto the case. as i believe they charged for every claim that goes to the ombudsman.

Rang up,said "ombudsman" spurious claim removed,they wont be my insurer next year,goth both vans with them,bunch of crooks

Its always the case with insurance they always prioritise complaints due to the 40 day rule and do t want it going to the ombudsman if they can help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back