Interesting 824 ecomax problem | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Interesting 824 ecomax problem in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys.

This one's an interesting one and I would like to see a few different replies and which ones are mostly the same answer.

Okay then.

Had the usual call out, no heating but she fine, now there's no f codes so I'm already thinking mechanical turned out the divvy was screwed so changed that ( nice to see you now get the. Long screw to replace the bottom one!)
Gave the schraeder valve a litre touch and that was also dead (swimming with water) so changed the vessel.
Flushed system twice, checked again all pressures and settings and left with it happily singing.

Got home to a call that its doing it again!

ON next visit it now does this, dhw fine, but when heating is called it does its initial checks, fires up to its initial high flame, settles down to normal c/h running and 20 secs later it just goes off and just runs the dhw.
Pump can be heard chucking the water all round the boiler and the air release valve is letting air out, see guys all sounds normal eh.
Now upon closer inspection flow pipe both inside and outside of boiler gets hot but....... The return pipe is only really hot inside the boiler from between the pump onwards going up to heat exchanger any other return pipes don't really get hot, just the one from pump going up into boiler.
It's the later grundy on it so, well, hmmmmmm lol.

Any thoughts from you much more experienced guys will be very gladly taken in.

Once again guys. I kindly thank you so much in advance.

All my best.

Similar plumbing topics

Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
Coil.......................................plus...
Replies
Views
It doesn't have internal clock It doesn't...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
im going for another cracked hx.
Replies
Views
Back