Intergas boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Intergas boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got to install one of these tomorrow. Just looking at the online manual how do you check the pressure of the heating system, when you're bleeding the rads?

have not fitted one but only heard good things

As for checking pressure when filling rads for first time get your self a regulator,set to 1 bar and some flexi's and fit were filling loop goes,hay presto,you have a auto fill ,while you are running over the house,from rad to rad

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
I've fitted alot of intergas boilers, and I mean alot. My opinion of them. Theyre rubbish, the jigs are flimsy the flue is off center which annoys me the valves are slighty forward of pipework (if using a robo kit) the robo kit is the worst thing I can imagine doing during an install, getting the pipes into the fittings on the jig can take the micky, had one where the flex pipe from the pressure vessel to the return leaked, sometimes the pumps stick, sometimes the fans don't work, pushing the tray back in where the wires go can take the mick, sometimes the block u connect the programmer into comes out. They used to be alot worse to but they'v fixed some issues. Fitting one on a jig is a pain, fitting one with a robo kit is worse. I don't like them lol

edit: sorry I got carried away, the pressure is on the digital display, check it periodically and top up as needed

Never fitted one and now probably never likely to either. lol

have not fitted one but only heard good things

As for checking pressure when filling rads for first time get your self a regulator,set to 1 bar and some flexi's and fit were filling loop goes,hay presto,you have a auto fill ,while you are running over the house,from rad to rad

imho
Now thats an idea, Which regulator do you recommend.

I think they are really good. Never had any problems. Opinions eh.

Now thats an idea, Which regulator do you recommend.

Any 1/2'' pressure reducing valve will do ,think mine was about £27,it is adjustable and a has its own pressure gauge fitted,which I just took off as old boiler coz iz tight

rawr I take it there not you cup of tea? lol
you couldn't be more right lol, you never know though they might get those problems sorted, at least the flues dont sweep upwards to face the sky anymore, so they must be trying to improve. (and the jigs did used to be more flimsy that they are now) I do like the idea of them, and before I started putting them in I was a fan of them, and with so few parts they should last a long time, theyre by no means a bad boiler, just a niusance

Anyway fitted the boiler, the fixing kit wasnt the the best, But the boiler seems pretty good. The controls aren't exactly user friendly but i'm hoping the reliability makes up for it.

i have fitted one (the open vented version) great, no need for jig or robo kit, on the downside the pipes leave the boiler right behind the flue, so you definatly need the offset flue with it (which is basically a 45 bend which brings the flue outlet to the centre). didn't like the clock, so fitted a simple external clock, wiring for that was easy, didn't like the condensate trap sticking out the bottom of the boiler by 6 inches, but having just been on there training course, i can now give 5 yr guarantees with these boilers. and with so few parts i think they should last abit longer then some other boiler makes, there is only one pcb for the whole range, and they are soon to be bringing out a better looking flue elbow.
i would definatly consider one of these for my place, as i have a conventional system and want to change to a combi, you only need to connect cold, hot and gas and obviously flue prv and condensate, and you can run for hot water with the heating side dry

i have fitted one (the open vented version) great, no need for jig or robo kit, on the downside the pipes leave the boiler right behind the flue, so you definatly need the offset flue with it (which is basically a 45 bend which brings the flue outlet to the centre). didn't like the clock, so fitted a simple external clock, wiring for that was easy, didn't like the condensate trap sticking out the bottom of the boiler by 6 inches, but having just been on there training course, i can now give 5 yr guarantees with these boilers. and with so few parts i think they should last abit longer then some other boiler makes, there is only one pcb for the whole range, and they are soon to be bringing out a better looking flue elbow.
i would definatly consider one of these for my place, as i have a conventional system and want to change to a combi, you only need to connect cold, hot and gas and obviously flue prv and condensate, and you can run for hot water with the heating side dry
how did you get on their course? i'm interested in doing it.

i was taken up to bromsgrove by a local plumbers merchant, it was free, speak to your local intergas rep, or just call them direct, i found the course quite basic to be honest, the good thing is, they didnt lie about problems like other courses ive been on they basically listed known problems they have had with the boiler and all of which are easy to solve, ie this fault code directs you to a new pcb but the problem is actually this cable here which has worked loose, crimp together with pliers and put back on :)

thought the pressure reg valve on flexies for 1 man filling was my secret!!

Best I can do at this hour! filling gadget.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

N
Check the pressure after running and see if it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
What are engineers opinion on Intergas, I've...
Replies
Views
Brilliant! all done & i've marked it so i...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks, so if it can not be accessed from...
Replies
Views
Very informative...........thx🙄
Replies
Views
Back