Intergas Rapid | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Intergas Rapid in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

anz

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Started fitting my first Rapid this morning and I don't like it so far.

No template so had to work out flue hole, where to mount bracket etc, which took up extra time.

The flue has a metal inner?

Are there any other issues? Or do you guys like them?

I've been putting off fitting InterGas simply due to the flue offset design? But lame seems to have convinced me that they are ok to fit. So one of this days, I may just fit one, just for the fun of it. If it works, then I'll be hooked.

No template? That's really odd and a bit silly! The HRE Compacts definitely come with one, can't see why the Rapid wouldn't?

The biggest thing i have found with them is that intergas themselves are deafening in silence been finding them a complete nightmare to get hold of for extended warranty.

And for that reason I'm out .

The biggest thing i have found with them is that intergas themselves are deafening in silence been finding them a complete nightmare to get hold of for extended warranty.

And for that reason I'm out .

For some reason, I'm not convinced how InterGas will pan out. Which is why I never took part in the free ones that Ray was offering. I did attend the course though and it became apparent that they have only a couple of engineers driving up and down the country to sort any issues that installers or customers encounter? I have actually had TWO customers request for them but kindly steered them towards Ideal Logic+. But as lame said hot water can be up and running on day ONE, and as hot water is on mains pressure, and as hot water still works should pump fail, I'm thinking: Why Not Start fitting them?

For some reason, I'm not convinced how InterGas will pan out. Which is why I never took part in the free ones that Ray was offering. I did attend the course though and it became apparent that they have only a couple of engineers driving up and down the country to sort any issues that installers or customers encounter? I have actually had TWO customers request for them but kindly steered them towards Ideal Logic+. But as lame said hot water can be up and running on day ONE, and as hot water is on mains pressure, and as hot water still works should pump fail, I'm thinking: Why Not Start fitting them?

Would you get the parts tho??
My experience of backup from them and any form of contact is pretty terrible.The whole ideology of them is good but without any decent back up from MANU really puts me off.
Fitted a few but won't fit anymore due to the crap service from them .

Would you get the parts tho??
My experience of backup from them and any form of contact is pretty terrible.The whole ideology of them is good but without any decent back up from MANU really puts me off.
Fitted a few but won't fit anymore due to the crap service from them .

Any ''decent'' fitter will tell you that Manufacturer's warranties are just a backup as, when there is a problem, the installer is the first point of call, and rightfully so. Good enough reason why you need to price the labour in such a way that there is scope to attend and sort issues out and not be out of pocket. Even if the manufacturer has to attend, at least you have been there to calm the customers down. With InterGas, if their engineers can't get there on time, who will get blamed? You, not the manufacturer.

My concern would be three years down the line a fault emerges and the cust can't get hold of the MANU even tho you sold them a boiler with 7 .

Not a fan of worcester but the backup is by far the best .

trying a rapid this week for first time. back up also comes from subbies, my local ones are fine, good technicians. nb rapid doesnt have offset flue. will comment on ease of set up later on, my one is in a very confined space!!!

And there's the back piping, space frame jig which is a joke... It's got a 15mm hole for the gas pipe but they send a 22mm gas valve.

The flue was poorly packaged too and damaged so will have to return that.

I had such a nightmare with it, that I was strongly considering binning it and putting in a vogue or vaillant in out of my own pocket.

I'm dreading going back to it.

I did fit a HRE, that came with a template and wasn't as bad too install even though there was an internal leak that I had to fix.

I never thought about the warranty issues, definitely something to think about.

How do you remove the front cover?

I've loosened the two sunken screws on the front edge, but it won't budge, are these the right screws?

Plus the seal for the flue, has fallen in to the boiler, I can't reach it from the top of the boiler, I'm hoping that I can get to it from inside.

2 screws out and lift cover vertically, give it a wiggle. seal will be sat there.

did my first rapid today, only real complaint is they are bleedin heavy compared to HREs. I will use the jig in future and not the mounting bracket, so that the boiler sits off the wall a bit and it will make fitting the flue a bit easier as my flue hole was a bit small.

As ever with intergas, hold the valves solid when tightening them up on the boiler pipes or you can undo the connectors in the boiler.. hassle but can be avoided.

the pcb doesnt have such an easy access as the HREs, but that will be down to cost saving. I quite like that the condensate drain and prv all go into the drain outlet, bit less work :)

as for performance, the hex is bigger than the HREs for same kw output, so I gather that the pcb has been adjusted so the rapids dont outperform the HREs, which means we can have a play and get a better performance on hw flow rates if you care to have a read and fiddle when setting them up :)

As far as winging goes on damaged flues due to packaging, all manufacturers use a similar box, I would be moaning at the merchant or shipper myself!! Oh if you care to have a look at the instructions Anz youll find the template in the same envelope :) re warranty, if its on a new boiler I just get the bit and send the faulty bit back via my merchant or call intergas and get the local subbie out or they send their fulltime lad, never had any real issues with backup, at least you know the bloke at the other end is a technician who works on the boiler your chatting about and there isnt that much to go wrong in the first place really.

2 screws out and lift cover vertically, give it a wiggle. seal will be sat there.

did my first rapid today, only real complaint is they are bleedin heavy compared to HREs. I will use the jig in future and not the mounting bracket, so that the boiler sits off the wall a bit and it will make fitting the flue a bit easier as my flue hole was a bit small.

As ever with intergas, hold the valves solid when tightening them up on the boiler pipes or you can undo the connectors in the boiler.. hassle but can be avoided.

the pcb doesnt have such an easy access as the HREs, but that will be down to cost saving. I quite like that the condensate drain and prv all go into the drain outlet, bit less work :)

as for performance, the hex is bigger than the HREs for same kw output, so I gather that the pcb has been adjusted so the rapids dont outperform the HREs, which means we can have a play and get a better performance on hw flow rates if you care to have a read and fiddle when setting them up :)

As far as winging goes on damaged flues due to packaging, all manufacturers use a similar box, I would be moaning at the merchant or shipper myself!! Oh if you care to have a look at the instructions Anz youll find the template in the same envelope :) re warranty, if its on a new boiler I just get the bit and send the faulty bit back via my merchant or call intergas and get the local subbie out or they send their fulltime lad, never had any real issues with backup, at least you know the bloke at the other end is a technician who works on the boiler your chatting about and there isnt that much to go wrong in the first place really.

Only setting differences between the 25 and 32 also

Managed to get it off just, was trying to push from the bottom, haha.

Meant I could finally have a look inside, it looks OK to be fair.

The flue just seemed like it was all thrown in the box, not like others.... Got it changed no problem though.

So I think it's only fair to update this thread after finishing the job.
Filling up, commissioning etc was a doddle.. I was really surprised by the noise... Really quiet.

I think that the problems I had were made worse because I was under pressure to get it finished, had a million other places to be and the builder left the pipes in the wrong order, which made my job harder.

Now that I know what to expect I wouldn't mind fitting another.

Lol, the no noise.

Boiler was dead quiet whilst running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

What are engineers opinion on Intergas, I've...
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
Back