Intermittant Hot Water problem on Vaillant Combi | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
Guest viewing is limited

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Intermittant Hot Water problem on Vaillant Combi in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I have a 13 year old Vaillant ecoMAX828 which has developed a problem with the hot water which I hope someone recognizes and can advise what to do.
The problem happens a couple of times a day when the HW is run, and most often when the CH is on as well. The boiler gets locked into a (1 second) cycle of trying to switch on to heat the HW and cutting out again, probably because it is too hot as the temperature readout shows high 60's or 70's, which is higher than the HW setting. When it is in this loop I cannot get a response from the i button to see any fault code.
When the HW does work it gets very hot then after 30 seconds it cools down significantly and makes it impossible to run a hot bath.
I live in a hard water area and it appears as if something is furred up which causes a delay (hysteresis) between the actual water temp and what the sensor detects, so the water gets too hot hence triggers the cut out.
Is this sensible? Has anyone else experienced this problem and knows how to fix it? Thanks for reading.

Best get a gas safe engy out

Ok

Might be worth giving the manufacturer a call they might do a fixed price repair (normally around 300)

But agree it's not worth it on a 13 year old boiler

ok, thanks guys. New boiler it is.
Do you think that Vaillant are still one of the best, or are the top make all about the same?
I had UFH installed with a kitchen extension 5 years ago, is there anything particular to go for that best meets the needs of the UFH as well as the usual CH and HW?

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
Is it a heat only boiler?, you say a new pump...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
  • Question
As an experiment could you go away for weekend...
Replies
Views
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
Back