Intermittent flame failure on my Potterton Performa Eco 24 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Intermittent flame failure on my Potterton Performa Eco 24 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wwinegarden

Hi:

I have been having a problem with my Potterton Performa Eco 24 boiler (five years old) for over a month now. An engineer has looked at it twice but cannot find the fault.

Basically the problem is that I keep having a flame failure fault when I try to use the hot water and the central heating. It will occur, and then after a few minutes, sometimes hours, sometimes a day or more, it starts working again (normally right before the repair man arrives).

So far all that they have done is check the water pressure, which is fine 1.5 bar.

Also if it any help the pressure jumps up about 0.5 bar when I run the hot water.

Any suggestions or advice?

Poxi:

You are a wise man, my plumbing guy came today, and finally found the boiler not working, and tested the air pressure switch and says it needs replacing.

thanks for the input, and I shall let you know how we get on.

Hello,
I've had exactly the same problem and have changed the APS but still getting flame failure?
Any other suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
S
Yes I gathered you meant that cover, but it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
Back