Intermittent Hot water issue with Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDI | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Intermittent Hot water issue with Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDI in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I have a 16 year-old Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDi combi boiler, which is recently suffering from intermittent issues with the hot water.

I usually get the shout from a family member who’s in the shower and found there’s no hot water. If I’m near the boiler when this happens, I can see the burner light is on, and then I can hear a banging sound coming from inside the boiler which last 3-5 seconds, before the burner cuts out and it all goes quiet, the temperature (2-char) display at this time is showing a number in the 80s or 90s.

I have discovered that if I power the boiler down and leave it for 15 mins, then most of the time it comes back on and operates normally. Other times it takes a few resets.

This issue happens about once ever 5or 6 weeks.

I have had it recently serviced, and during that time, the problem occurred for the engineer also.

He speculated that it might a faulty temperature sensor/regulator (or something like that) inside the boiler.

Any one got any ideas what it might me? Any advice would be really welcome.

Thanks,

Do you have any other showers / problems with any taps ?

Can you test that shower running as it could be the shower cartridge that’s gone

The banging is a overheating noise

I mean does the other shower make the boiler do the same fault ?

Similar plumbing topics

T
  • Question
If you turned the boiler off it’s not the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The only product I can find is: BWT AquaDial...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It’s sometimes is air but half of the problem...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yep, pretty much answered your on question...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back