Intermittent wireless thermostat problems | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Intermittent wireless thermostat problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gixxerman

I have a Worcester Bosch 12Ri regular boiler.
The thermostat is an IFlo digistat SCR with an IFlo wireless room stat.
It was installed about 4 years ago and up until the last 6 months or so it has been faultless.
However, just recently the thermostat has had an intermittent fault.
The room stat has the "fire" indication on the display, however the boiler will not fire up.
If I remove the batteries from the room stat for a few a minute or two and then put them back in, the boiler will then fire. It will be ok for a month or 2, then it will have the same fault again. So repeat the reset trick. The batteries are fine BTW.
Well as luck would have it, it failed again on christmas day. No amount of removing the batteries or replacing them with new ones would get it to fire up. I tried pressing the override button but that didn't work either.
It would work fine for hot water, so defo a thermostat issue.
I checked that display on the receiver and green on led was on and the receive / alarm led is off.
I re-paired the transmitter / reciever by entering learn mode. But still no joy.
So I gave up and booked the plumber.
But he couldn't get to me until Monday.
So out of desparation because of being cold, I decided to give it one last try. Took out the batteries for about 10 secs and put them back in and the boiler fired and is now working again.
So what could be the issue? A receiver fault maybe?

Change both. Preferably for a more reliable make. This is a common problem, I swapped one on Christmas eve with the same issue.

Sort the problem out once and for all, hard wire it. There just not worth the grief.

They the type with the 5 dip switches on the back?
Alter the switches (frequency) and try again, someone near you has had a wirelees toy for christmas and now your toy is being interfered with
I've had a couple I've had to change the frequency on and afterwards they were fine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes the Siemens would bind to the boss one, I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
I wanted to bring this one to conclusion. My...
Replies
Views
76 Views and not one single "expert" has...
Replies
Views
Have you read the installation bumf (See...
Replies
Views
So I've used a wireless thermostat to activate...
Replies
Views
Back