International Janitor Boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss International Janitor Boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shane@hhe

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this technology so please be patient , I am looking for information on an International Janitor Boiler model ob9 design 8, ser B6/70/156. Any information would be helpful that covers the servicing, maintenance and even somewhere I can get spares.

Thank you

:welcome: to the forum Shane....! An International Janitor sheeeeeeeeeeesh!! Still going too! What's the problem?

Just googled the company and it looks like they wen't out of business in 1982!!! Got any pics you can post to jog the memory banks?

Yes I have googled it and most of the info is about the company stopping trading in 1982. A bit of history to the boiler its fitted to our local village hall and funds are very tight, i was asked to service and hopefully repair the old girl. when you remove the burner(nu-way fitted in 1996) and the front plate it has like a chamber inside a chamber and the inner chamber has a small hole in the side about 2 inches across. please be patient I'm trying to upload pictures, she is a lot cleaner now.

Attachments

• IMG_0427.jpg
    IMG_0427.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 26
I know of the OP1 boiler, which looks much the same. It was made in about 1968 - 1970. It was only for a average house & was usually 60 - 75 thousand btus.
As the burner on your boiler is modern, then you will be setting it as if on a new boiler. The OP1 had fire brick totally inclosing the firebox - yours maybe similar? This needs to be removed for a modern burner, but may be asbestos!!! Still requires door material (Ceraboard) obviously.
Think the boiler should be scrapped surely?

Last edited:
If it helps, - International Janitor became Thorn EMI which eventually became Myson.

take it thats oil the staining on the flue would be ringing alarm bells theres problems there

Well they didn't jog any of my memory banks I'm affraid Shane ... I wasn't into commercial boilers back then and know nothing about oil :). Best sounds like he knows a thing or two though and maybe a few others do too .... Good luck in your quest ... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Hope with your case you reported it to trading...
Replies
Views
Yes your oil guy needs to change the flue. No...
Replies
Views
Back