IQE / Sime wiring | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss IQE / Sime wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWheating

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
goto wire a iQE 30bag of pants combi. have yet to go and look at it but looking at the manual it has volt free only connection for external controls. The wireless stat that has been brought can be wired to this but does anybody know a volt free frost stat and pipe stat set up i can connect to this? or am i going to have to use a relay of some sort?

any help will be appreciated, especially if anybody has a link to a drawing ;)

this is the instruction manual, little to no help on the wiring tbh.

http://www.iqe.co.uk/sites/default/files/iQE Simplicity -Installation Manual_0.pdf

Page 16.

Room stat; connector CN6 term 7 + 8

Frost Stat; connector CN14 term 14 + 16

I was unsure you could use both ? As the instructions say "or" so I assumed one or tuther. Probably my understanding of the English language causing me confusion , I'm easily confused on Sunday mornings :) I'll try it and see what happens.

Last edited:
If not just put two wires in to each of the room stat / programmer holes. Take one from each connector to the room prog/stat and one pair to stat.

To test simply turn stat off and out frost stat on. 30 . This won't work tho if you have internal programmer. Think it's 1 and 3 on stat.

iQE 30 ...has volt free only connection for external controls.
Not according to the manual you link. See the Note on pages 15 & 16.

does anybody know a volt free frost stat and pipe stat set up
The Honeywell T4360 frost stat and L641B pipe stat can be used volt free; they are just temperature controlled switches! The frost stat does not have an anticipator, so there is no requirement for a mains neutral connection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes some are linked internally eg Drayton...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
I thought it would be good manners to give an...
Replies
Views
Piece of thin metal bent like half moon so it...
Replies
Views
P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
Back