Is it legal for neighbour to add 5 extra WC s | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is it legal for neighbour to add 5 extra WC s in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

HMO house wanting 5 extra WC s all to come across my property is this legal for them to do also 5 ensuites

Attachments

• 20220209_131739.jpg
    20220209_131739.jpg
    549.3 KB · Views: 41
I take it this is a property about to be converted to a hmo?
As its below 7 units it won't need planning permission (unless in a article 4 area) it will however need building regulations approval.
I suspect the developers will try the position that the drainage exists and they are just connecting to it.
I would be chatting to local building control before works commence.

I take it this is a property about to be converted to a hmo?
As its below 7 units it won't need planning permission (unless in a article 4 area) it will however need building regulations approval.
I suspect the developers will try the position that the drainage exists and they are just connecting to it.
I would be chatting to local building control before works commence.
Yes hmo ( bed sits ) I would be responsible for section across my property ,yes ? . If so could I not stop the use the waste pipe for the extra waste

I would first ask the owners/developers if they would be prepared to put up there own soil stack.
Should be very little underground drainage work required as there is already waste pipes dropping down.

They could go into top water they're old drains all going into sewer but they had to be prodded two weeks ago I think they will want to lower the diagonal fall to suit can they lower it across other propertys thanks for any help

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
Hi there, I recently purchased a flat that...
Replies
Views
Amelia
A
  • Question
Thank you Chuck. Very much appreciated
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes you can. G3 is only with regards to the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You can, as suggested, top up at night/very...
Replies
Views
Back