Is it ok to use male tapered fittings for female flexi ends? | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is it ok to use male tapered fittings for female flexi ends? in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Or does the fact they are tapered mean the flexi might work it's way loose?

e.g.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/floma...ression-adapting-male-elbow-15mm-x-1-2-/355kr

Excuse my ignorance here. But why wouldn’t you use a 1/2” male x 15mm compression coupler? It has the correct surface for the female flexi and it is more reliable for the job. The flat washers sits flat on the surface of the 1/2” side.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would say that the one’s you’ve seen will be...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
D
  • Question
Looks like your attempting to put a plain 3/4...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So basically you remove the tail that comes...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
  • Question
Hi all I have this McAlpine overflow and...
Replies
Views
Back