Is it possible to reach these taps? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is it possible to reach these taps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
My customer has a P-shaped bath, with the taps in the corner - like in this pic.
She's thinking of getting new taps.
I don't particularly fancy the job of changing them. Is it just me, or does it look near-on impossible to reach these taps without taking the bath out?
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
Thanks again,
Jennie
bath.jpg
PS. My customer's bathroom has tiles, and a bath/tap mixer shower, and a shower door. Nothing like the simplicity of this pic.

Last edited:
If it's like that just take the bath out. Easy enough!!

Here's one I fitted. Customer insisted on havin it this way.

To replace taps you'd have to smash tiles out. Remove worktop. Remove one of the cupboard units (cutting cold hot and waste for basin.

Then try to get bath out from under the wall tiles.

If she ever asks for new taps I'm actually leaving the country!!

If you have that much space then pull the bath, I think reality might be a bit tighter.

Or if it's a stud wall behind then come through the wall.

Looks to me that it needs to come out to be honest problem being access to tighten pipework to the taps and new taps may have shorter threads needing extending take off the bath panel and investigate your options regards Turnpin

Can I have a go? Desperate to try out my £12 jaw droppers!!

Jaw droppers are the mutts, brilliant tool

You should be able to get to those taps easily via the access panel in the next room.

Last time i had this god damned job i cut out from the cealing below.
sheer luck they were having a new kitchen done!

you may be lucky and find they are taps that can be removed fm above via an allen key, then again pigs and flying come to mind.

you may be lucky and find they are taps that can be removed fm above via an allen key, then again pigs and flying come to mind.

Like Bristan Easyfit's?

If it's got an outside wall like the pic then it's a ladder job, few bricks and the taps are out.

Alternately, leave existing taps in to hang the soap on a rope on and drill some new holes on the accessible side of the bath.

Last edited:
If it's got an outside wall like the pic then it's a ladder job, few bricks and the taps are out.

Alternately, leave existing taps in to hang the soap on a rope on and drill some new holes on the accessible side of the bath.

You being serious about going through a cavity wall just to change taps?

You being serious about going through a cavity wall just to change taps?

50 / 50

The alternative, remove the bath and possibly have to part retile, assuming the tiles are available?

Through the cavity could be the least disruptive way.

Depends how desperate the customer is to have the taps changed.

Last edited:
50 / 50

The alternative, remove the bath and possibly have to part retile, assuming the tiles are available?

Through the cavity could be the least disruptive way.

Fair play.

Either way its going to bloody cost them!!

Yeah! The job's easy enough, just impossible to match any tiles.....ever!
I like the idea of going through the wall or ceiling, though :bigcry:

we did the same cut out a foot square hole through nine inch brickwork customer had a name plate made for the front of the house stuffed the wall with rockwall and siliconed the name plate over the hole
strangely enough that was also a genuine jacuzzi bath

Not for the claustrophobic fitting these.

Rigid piped it to location of taps then had to crawl underneath & connect it up!

Jaw droppers to get to the job, embrocation to get over the effects........

Sorry Jennie thought the opening pic was the job so do-able with contortion. We have gone through walls for this type of problem in the past.

Been to one exactly like that, ground floor in a bungalow. Whoever plumbed it in used plastic pipe and also teed off underneath the bath for the wetroom directly behind the taps. Cust said bath was coming out as they were going to convert the loft and the staircase was going where the bath was. So out with the fein a d a foot square hole through the bath to fix the leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Installing a P-shaped shower bath in a small...
Replies
Views
S
I’d only choose something named and with a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Jennie, does it do it more with hot water...
Replies
Views
Back