Is it safe to run on "only DHW" mode on summer | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is it safe to run on "only DHW" mode on summer in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All,

We live a house heated with "viessmann vitodens 200" running on gas.
Hope you will excuse my question, but we have a doubt if it's safe to run the heating only on summer mode so called "DHW".
We are recently move to a house with a mentioned gas boiler, and previous owners told us to not modify any settings on the heating mode. Only to reduce the thermostats in each rooms to minimum.
Temperatures now are more than 15 C. And I do not see points to warm water for the heater + warm the water as well.
Is it anything wrong with running the system only on "DHW" (Summer mode)?

Thank you beforehand!

Regards!

I'm guessing the original owners might have been referring to the complexity of the controller and that it was just easier to turn down the roomstats to stop the heating coming on - doing this will mean the heating won't fire so you won't be wasting any gas anyway.

And having had experience with the Viessman controllers I would probably tend to agree with them!

Thank you very much for the responds! I very much agree with comment on controllers. Even reading the documentation it's still not really clear all the usage of the small nobs.

Similar plumbing topics

If the op has the newer colour display model...
Replies
Views
No I do not. Second to that I don’t even have...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Back