Is my boiler ID or AR | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is my boiler ID or AR in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

New qualified engineer has classed my boiler as ID due to flue CO 19.6 and CO2 of 0.0004. There’s not holes or defects or blockages seen, would this be at risk or is it dangerous? Last years engineer said it was ok but this young lad says no

If your not happy then you should get a second opinion. Its not ethical to decide one way or the other without seeing your boiler as issues can compound to make an AR into an ID.
I'm also of the opinion that it's down to the engineer to make the call, where as some would see things a little more black and white.
There is no way in the world that I would downgrade a notification (not even if gassafe told me to) it would require another engineer to do that.

Similar plumbing topics

E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
D
As above The Grant instructions tell you to...
Replies
Views
Looking at those working gas pressures and the...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back