Is my boiler large enough? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is my boiler large enough? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all

Last year we renovated the house we now live in. It didn't have any central heating so we had an intergas boiler fitted. Only after it being installed we realised the boiler was the HRE 24/18 (the guy who installed is intergas certified and had installed boilers for family as he is a friend of my cousin). Before being installed we informed him that we were at some point going to get our garage converted and would need a couple of radiators in there as well as a towel radiator for a downstairs toilet. Therefore I assumed he would fit a boiler large enough.

We currently have 6 largish double panel and double convector radiators. At the moment the rads equate to 12.3kw. for our garage we would like another 2 X 1.8kw radiators and towel radiator for downstairs loo. This would be close to 17kw all in all. Ok top of this we would like a little radiator added to our kitchen which hasn't got one at the moment, as even though it's small its freezing in there!!

Looking at specs of Intergas 24/18 the boiler would potentially be maxed out.

We currently run a shower off the boiler which works great, which I was also concerned about.

Will my boiler struggle to cope with what we want done?

Similar plumbing topics

I need someone to replace my boiler, I am...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
N
Re: Zoning upstairs. If you don't have 1 set...
Replies
Views
Yes spot on need to have a look behind the...
Replies
Views
Is it fully decorated? / can you get at the...
Replies
Views
Back