Is my boiler really 'At Risk' ? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is my boiler really 'At Risk' ? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alexakabob

Hi,

I have had my boiler serviced for the last 3 years by the same large company and this time it has failed and is apparently at risk. It has failed because of a couple of things- the flue is too close to our conservatory and drain pipe- it is under new regulations but was fine when it was put in (plus there are no windows anywhere near the flue so the fumes can't go back in). It also failed on the fact it doesn't have a guard over the control pannel at the bottom. Both of these points have been picked up in previous safety checks and the boiler has been passed. Do we really need a new boiler (quotes between £3500-£5000) from the same company (although another company have said (£3000) or are they just trying to increase their profits? Surely if it has passed previously on those points when the regulations have already changed it should have passed this time too?

Thank you- this is my first post and I am not too familiar with boilers (although finding out lots recently!!!)

might help if you said which boilker regs are not usually backdated if it complied when fitted then its ncs does missing guard leave exspose wiring or is it purely cosmetic?

might help if you said which boilker regs are not usually backdated if it complied when fitted then its ncs does missing guard leave exspose wiring or is it purely cosmetic?

That's great thanks. It is an 'olympic 20/35B so it is fairly old, however touch wood is still working fine. The guard I would guess covers the controls and a few cables (no metal showing). We actually have it in a wooden box (that we take down for them to service it) for cosmetic reasons anyway. I don't think the lack of guard can be too dangerous as although it was picked up on the first and third service, they missed it on the second!

czboiler,what are you on about?same reply on two seperate posts?

Get a 2nd opinion, arrange for another RGI to service it and see what he/she reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
As a precaution report this to the building...
Replies
Views
Back