Is my BOILER too big? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is my BOILER too big? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James Rose

Can anyone help here.....
i've had 2 boilers installed in my new build house (2 x Potterton Promax System HE Plus)
1 is a 15 and the other is a 32.
The 32 is driving a wet underfloor heating system "only".
It is a large system, (3 x 8 port manifolds) and covering approx 3500 sq ft.
My problem is this.....
we have only been on the house for a few months now and the "32" boiler is only being ran for 1.5 hours AM and 1.5 hours PM.
Yet our gas usage is over £550 per month !
I was staggered at that and had to investigate this....
Potterton suggested the 32 was far too big for underfloor system only (they did not know the size of the system however).
I obviously have many questions to ask my plumber but he's out the country for a few weeks and need to get some help on this.

any tips ideas i can look at?

This HE Plus 32 seemingly runs at 3.48cubic mts per hour !
no wonder i'm using 16.5 units per day

any help much appreciated

Approx boiler for 3500 sq ft is 16kw, that is assuming fairly good insulation and being a new build it should be.

I don't know about the potterton range, but it perhaps needs to be range rated/adjusted so it doesn't fire at full pelt before modulating down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
That's what I was hoping, looks like a good...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Back