Is my central heating pump on the way out? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is my central heating pump on the way out? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

radnam

Hi,

I would appreciate some advice. We have a Biasi Inovia 35C combi boiler which powers our central heating and hot water (there is no cylinder).

Woke up this morning to find that all the radiators are cold. Hot water is fine. Tried various things (top up the water to increase the pressure to 2.8 PSI, fiddle with thermostat, press all the buttons) nothing worked.

On the LCD, the central heating water temperature is showing to be 75 degrees (that's what it's set at) and the flame comes on intermittently. But the radiators are cold. It shows a flashing radiator to signify demand for heating. It appears to be firing up fine and heating the water, but then cutting out when the required temperature is reached.

I eventually turned the whole thing off from the main switch, waited a few minutes, then turned it on again and it came back to life - radiators hot. But it lasted only for about half an hour and then slowly all the radiators went cold again. Same thing repeated during the day - works for a while then needs to be switched off for a few moments from the main switch.

Surprisingly the only radiator that consistently stays hot is the bathroom radiator.

The boiler seems to be working but my feeling is that the pump can't pump the hot water around the system. I don't know if this is a common / recognised problem? I would have thought that if a pump fails it just dies rather than getting weak.

Does that make sense / what do you think might be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
time to call a gas safe eng out sorry to say

Only advice we can give is call some one out that is familiar with Biasi boilers, Forum rules forbid us giving information on boiler repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
Several people told me it would be an Airlock...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Back