Is my gas burner an FSD problem or a thermocouple problem? | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is my gas burner an FSD problem or a thermocouple problem? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I am troubleshooting a gas hob where one burner is reluctant to light. When it is lit and I blow the flame out the FSD on that burner cuts off immediately, whereas the others take 5-10 seconds as normal. I have tested the thermoucouple for continuity and also some sort of mV output (when held over a candle!). Do you think this is an FSD problem or a thermocouple change?

Thank you for keeping me safe. If it is the FSD then I agree I need a gas safe engineer! However I have now sourced a new T/C and will see if changing that solves the problem.

Similar plumbing topics

I have a portable gas fire which keeps...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
I will give you another tip, ring a gas safe...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I just wanted to give you an...
Replies
Views
Your gas rate is your big one to check. Well...
Replies
Views
Back