Is my P-Trap defying gravity? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is my P-Trap defying gravity? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SuzukiSeijun

The kitchen sink had been giving some trouble for a while, and chemical cleaners wouldn't clear the blockage. After waiting till all the chemicals had fully drained away, I took the J-Trap out and found a horrendous amount of fat build-up - cleaned it all out and reattached it.

Water won't flow around into the main drain now! There is nothing blocking the whole P-Trap at all, and water goes around it, but won't flow into the main - instead it just all goes back around and backs up through waste and into the basin.

What is happening? Any professionals I talk to say they've never heard of this problem - one incredulously told me my sink was defying gravity!

Please can someone give me advice before I give up and start forking out cash to get someone to look it over?

There seems to be a blockage somewhere & don't keep putting fat down your sink.

Get a professional in

Fat has been accumulating in the trap because there is a blockage closer to the main drain causing the flow from the sink to be slow and grease to settle.

I thought it was an offence to put fat down a drain

I had this at a customers the other week. Hubby had been making mullberry wine and forced the pulp down the sink, which of course blocked but only outside where there was a huge pile of fruit pulp resting on the iron grate and an inch or so into the waste pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi, just catching up on some threads. Have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am glad that you got rid of the smell :)
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could you post a picture of the shower trap...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No but if it ever blocks down stream likely to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a chattering float valve in the loft...
Replies
Views
Back